Sunday 11 March 2012

Running a different kind of gym



My name is Mark Shiels and I am an aspiring strength coach. I am obsessed with everything regarding strength and fitness. I subscribe to about 8 different strength coaches newsletters, have spent thousands of pounds on furthering my education, and I read and study about 3 to 4 hours everyday. There is always something new to learn. I run a gym out of my garage dedicated to making people stronger, faster and better conditioned, and overall improving their way of living.

I set up my gym in hopes of getting people away from all the phony commerical bullshit that is out there at the minute. In my opinion, too many Personal trainers are just telling people what they want to hear so they can keep lapping up the money while you never get anywhere. I am fully dedicated to helping you achieve your goals and making you the best version of yourself you can be.

Although the gym is a friendly atmosphere, I only want to train the fully committed. I have no time for people who say they want to change but are too lazy, and are full of excuses. Nothing worth it, is going to be handed to you.

You wont find any machines in the gym. In my opinion machines will make you lazy, everything that is done on a machine can be done in a better way without one, and anyone who says it can't is an idiot!! We train all the compound movements i.e deadlift, bench, squat, military press, along with bodyweight movements including chins, dips, rows, crawls. Then we throw in some strongman training, including tyre flips, sled drags, prowler runs, and farmer walks to develop a kick ass program with highly effective results.

This, along with a tailored eating plan, will turn you into a beast, in a good way :)

Until next time,

Train hard, eat right

Mark Shiels

No comments:

Post a Comment